10 Ways to Stick to Your Goals
- Visualize It – Start picturing yourself accomplishing your goals.
- Talk to Someone – When you set a goal, tell a friend. This will help you stay motivated, and the friend can nicely remind you of your goals when you start slipping.
- Focus on Later –Think about the ramifications of your actions so that you can make the choices that will lead you where you want to go.
- Quit Thinking – While thinking is important for developing goals, don’t spend days and weeks thinking about it. Set your goal, then focus on getting there.
- Have Confidence – You have to believe that you can reach your goals before you can get there. Motivate yourself with photos, confidence-inspiring quotes, and other activities.
- Remember the Past – When you want to change for the better, visualizing yourself in the past is a great motivator.
- Make it Achievable – Don’t set goals that are too high. If its something that takes the average person years to achieve, scale back and focus on the steps to get there.
- Relax – Take the time to relax at least once a week to make sure you have the energy to keep working towards your goal.
- Be About It – Talk is cheap. You have to get moving to go anywhere, so start taking action rather than just thinking about it.
- Don’t Sweat It – If you do slip up, don’t let it derail you. Instead, acknowledge that you made a mistake, and get back on the right track. No one is perfect, and you shouldn’t expect yourself to be either.