HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2016 HERE WE COME!
Happy New Years everybody! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Erick Brown. I am a Certified Master Hypnotherapist, and the Founder of Erick Brown Hypnosis.
I wanted to touch base on a topic today that is on the forefront of everyone’s mind, you guessed it, New Year’s Resolutions! It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m getting FLOODED with emails from people just like you! They’re asking the same question, “What should my resolution be.”
I have an email I wanted to share with you from Jamie. Jamie lives in Denver, Colorado and sent me this email last night. She gave me full permission to share it with you all, and it reads as follows…
I desperately need your help! New Year’s is upon us and I have yet to set any goals for myself. To be honest, I believe this is due to 2 reasons. One being, I didn’t manage to achieve my goal of losing 25 pounds, and I didn’t manage to make a six figure salary, I am tired of making crappy resolutions that never work out. Please give me some suggestions.
First off let me just say… WHY must we always put so much pressure on ourselves this time of year? We’re barely stepping into the New Year and I’ve already recognized tons of people stressing themselves out about their resolutions. Can we please make it a worldwide resolution to NOT make unrealistic, unmanageable, and unattainable “goals”. That’s the beauty of life; however you must remember that you have to do the work. So… instead of dwelling on your resolutions for personal growth, focus on a positive mindset and attitude when you wake up. Focus on feeling good about yourself and choosing to commit to a healthier lifestyle at a pace that is manageable. Choose to look in the mirror and love yourself, even though you want to lose 40 pounds. Stop the self-criticism, and find yourself making small changes to improve your overall self. Start living the life that you were destined to live. Believe in yourself, and let the power of positive thinking drive you.
On that note, I wanted to give you 10 easy ways to stick to your New Year’s Resolutions. Making goals is the easy part, but sticking to them can be difficult for some people. The following tips will help you stay on track so you can reach all of your goals.
- First and foremost, VISUALIZE IT! Start picturing yourself accomplishing your goals.
- The Second tip is to talk to someone. When you set a goal, tell a close friend, tell a coworker, or post it to social media! By doing this it will help you stay motivated, and your chosen audience will hold you accountable when you start slipping. This can be scary if you’re fearful of failing, but never let fear win!
- The third tip is to be present. Live in the now. Stop thinking about yesterday. Stop thinking about tomorrow. Focus on what you’re doing NOW that can better your life. Get up and MOVE!
- The fourth tip is to quit over thinking it. While thinking is obviously important for developing goals, don’t lose sleep over it. Set your goals, then focus on getting there. Put the work in, and trust your process.
- The fifth tip is to have confidence! You have to believe that you can reach your goals before you can get there. Motivate yourself with photos, confidence-inspiring self-hypnosis, books, your family and loved ones… do whatever it takes for you to never lose sight of #1.
- The sixth tip is to remember the past in a forward thinking attitude. When you want to change for the better, visualizing yourself in the past is a great motivator. YOU deserve better, and YOU deserve to live the life of your dreams. Think about the past as the past. You are no longer that person. That person isn’t you.
- The seventh tip is to make it achievable. Don’t set goals that are too high. If it’s something that takes the average person years to achieve, scale back and focus on the small, more manageable steps to get you there. This isn’t to say that you can’t ever dream too big, but the biggest reason why people fail at achieving their goals is they say, “I want to make a million dollars this year.” That’s great and all, but I recommend you start with, “I want to get that job promotion.” Work your way up the ladder with smaller goals, to achieve that big goal in mind.
- The eighth tip is to relax. Breath. Take the time to really relax AT LEAST once a week to make sure you have the energy to keep working towards your goals. If you practice meditation, or yoga, this is a perfect outlet to relax your body and mind, and de-stress. If you have trouble unwinding try listening to classical music, or tune into a self-hypnosis audiobook for relaxation.
- The ninth tip is to be about it! As we all know, talk is cheap! You have to get moving to go anywhere, so start taking action rather than just thinking about it. Get up and stop making the next excuse. You are doing yourself a huge disservice with this one life you’re capable of making everything you’ve ever imagined. Stop taking it for granted.
- And lastly, don’t sweat it. If you do slip up, don’t let it derail you. Instead, acknowledge that you made a mistake, pick yourself up, and get back on the right track! No one is perfect, and you shouldn’t expect to be either.
I hope these tips help you blossom into the new year! I look forward to hearing about your successes and would love to help keep you motivated while you catch those dreams. Many thanks, and Happy New Year!